MistoBox values roasters that focus on: quality, ethical and sustainable (direct and fair trade) sourcing, and improving the coffee supply (farmers) and demand (roasters, cafes) chains through ethical and sustainable business practices.
In addition to these qualities we look for:
- frequent fulfillment- roasting and shipping frequently (daily is preferred)
- diverse selection-offering variety of coffee options that appeal to a wide number of preferences (light-single origin, dark-blends, medium-single origin and blends). Offering unique origins, processing methods, varietals/cultivars, small farms, coops, micro-lots, etc.
- roasting style- focus on highlighting the inherent flavors and nuances within a coffee, but offer variety and options for all preferences.
- branding- unique and memorable image and persona
- positive reputation- good reviews, good people, good practices
- You, the roaster, inquire by filling out a roaster application. This gives us a fair first impression and understanding of your company, mission, roast style, sourcing practices, brand image, etc.
- Mistobox reviews the application, and looks into your brand via website, social media, reviews, etc.
- Mistobox decides whether or not we think there's a good fit
- Mistobox will respond to every roaster application within 7 days. If we think there's a good fit, our response will contain the next steps, otherwise, we will provide feedback as to why the fit isn't right at this time.
If you're interested in becoming a MistoBox roaster, please fill out our application here.